JUNIOR CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP 2020-21 – ONLINE
Entries are now being taken for the Junior Club Championship 2020-21. Remember Juniors can play in the main Club Championship event as well as the junior one, but remember you will have more matches to play!
- Matches start at 6pm
- You will play two matches, Black & white against same opponent (just like 4JNCL)
- Depending on numbers, it will be a Swiss or all play all.
- Matches will take place mostly on a Monday night, with a couple of Thursdays as well.
- Time-Control: 15 minutes + 10 seconds
- All matches go for allegro grading.
- All matches take place on Lichess.
- All match info, including draws will be on the Castlehill Website.
- Rd 1-Mon 7th Dec; Rd 2-Mon 18th Jan 21: Rd 3-Mon 22nd Feb: Rd 4-Mon 22nd Mar 21: Rd 5-Mon 19th Apr 21 (last)
Apologies but due to the Global pandemic the 2019-20 Junior Club Championship has been cancelled!
Not a lot of action so far this season but it will get intense asap! No surprise that Ramit and Rishabh are leading, but maybe we have a dark horse in Prithvi Sudarshan!
Time will tell but of course Ramit is still odds on to retain his title unless…
JUNIOR CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP
Congratulations to Ramit Kanodia J12 (882) on winning and defending his Castlehill Junior Club Championship 2018-19! It was well deserved and once again, Ramit proves he is the strongest junior (below 14) in the club. He did not get it all his own way as Rishabh Akula J14 (683) did beat him once and Alexander Barron-Majerik J8 (216) did have the opportunity to beat Ramit in the last match of the tournament as Ramit took his eye of the game! But sometimes you need a bit of luck as well as good play to win a title! Well played young man! Rishabh Akula finished in runner-up spot and if it was not for his one slip up against Alexander he would have tied with Ramit, but it was not to be. Next year who knows!
A big thank you to all our juniors who took part in this year Junior Club Championship. We really are a blessed club with our juniors
JUNIOR FINALS NIGHT
Thursday 15th August 2019
Congratulations to Ramit Kanodia (Defending Champion; Rishabh & Krish Akula and Alexander Barron-Majerik for reaching the final stages!
The final will be an all-play-all, playing each other twice (Black & White), 6 matches in all. All matches will be 15 minutes each player. The player with the most points at the end will be th e 2018-19 Junior Club Champion!
Good luck to all! :)