Updated: 02/08/22 – 11:47
There are still two Q/F matches to be completed, but the semi-final draw is now up on our website. Tournament favourite, Rishi Vijayakumar is still in the competition and will face either past winner, Andy Rowe or newbie junior, Scott Xu. Colin Young will face either, Ramit Kanodia J15, or Daniel Coleman. Now who has the easier semi-final?
Entries closed and first round draw done!
Good luck everyone!
Random Knockout Entries: Closing date for entries is Sun 13th March 2022
Entries (so far) – 12/03/22 – 13:36hrs
|2||Kit McEvoy Gould||1561|
|3||Keith S Rose||1557|
1st ROUND DEADLINE: Thurs 7th July 2022
# WHITE Result BLACK DATE
1 Ognyan Kolev (1481) D - 1 (1037) Ramit Kanodia J14 2 Colin Young (1354) 1 - 0 (1431) Conor Kelly 3 Rishi Vijayakumar J10 1 - 0 (1327) Subhayu Banerjee 4 Graham Atkins (1360) 0 - 1 (1155) Daniel Coleman 5 Ray Noble (1526) 1 - 0 (1561) Kit McEvoy Gould 6 Scott Xu (1000)e 1 - 0 (UG) Ananthi Ramachandran 7 Keith Rose (1557) ½ - ½ (1518) Andy Rowe Andy won tie-break
8 Norman Waugh (1132) 0 - 1 (UG) Sean Lewis
Q/F – Deadline Thurs 21st July 22
# WHITE Result BLACK DATE
1 R.Noble 0 - 1 Vijayakumar, Rishi J10 2 Coleman, Daniel D - 1 R.Kanodia 3 Rowe, Andy Xu, Scott J13 4 Lewis, Sean J13 0 -1 Young, Colin
Deadline Thurs 18th Aug 22
# WHITE Result BLACK
1 Young, Colin Kanodia, Ramit J14
2 Vijayakumar J10 Rowe, Andy
RANDOM KNOCKOUT FINAL – Deadline Thurs 1st Sept 22
RANDOM DRAW KNOCKOUT COMPETITION
- The competition will be conducted by a random draw made by the controller.
- The closing date for entries will be decided by the competition controller.
- The round dates will be set by the competition controller and displayed in club and on the website.
- The time control will be 75 minutes each player.
- The number of rounds will be dependant on entries.
- In all rounds the first player drawn out will have white.
- Each round draw shall be displayed on the club notice board and website as soon as the draw is done. Each player shall arrange to play their opponents within the allotted time.
- BOTH PLAYERS must make a serious attempt to contact their opponent or risk defaulting the match. In the event of amy problems, failure to contact the organiser to intimate this could lead to a double default.
- Any matches not played by deadline will be defaulted unless an extension is granted by the controller.
a) If match drawn on the night, both players will play a 15 minute game, colours reversed.
b) If still tied, then a 5 minute shoot-out will take place, colours reversed.
c) If still unresolved, lower graded player wins the tie-break.
d) If still unresolved, toss of a coin!
- The competition organiser and/or committee may make amendments deemed appropriate to ensure the smooth running of the tournament.