BOB DUNN SUMMER ONLINE TOURNAMENT 2021
Entries are now being taken for the Bob Dunn Summer tournament 2021. Closing date for entries is Monday 19th April 21. Please checkout the rules tab.
ENTRIES (so far)
|11||Kit McEvoy Gould||NEW||1000|
Round Dates (Match night!)
- Mon 10th May 21 – Round One
- Mon 21st June 21 – Round Two
- Mon 26th July 21 – Round Three
- Mon 23rd Aug 21 – Round Four (last)
Due to the on going COVID-19 virus pandemic, this seasons (2019-20) Bob Dunn Summer competition has been cancelled. Apologies for this and hopefully we will be back to a full calendar for 2020-21.
Entries will open end of March
Mon 10th May 21
# PLAYER Result PLAYER DATE
1 2 3
Mon 21st June 21
Mon 26th July 21
on 23rd Aug 21
Champions: Paul Shafi; Andy Rowe & Colin Young (10 pts)
R/Up: Keith Rose; Ray Noble & Graham Atkins (9 pts)
|#||Players||Grade||Total points||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3||Round 4|
BOB DUNN SUMMER RULES **New rules
- The round draws will be displayed on the web site ASAP.
- The closing date for entries shall be the IN APRIL. No entries will be taken after the second round draw has been made.
- The Summer will be a 4 round Swiss event using the CHESS SCOTLAND grading based Swiss pairings, or a CS/Committee approved computer-pairing software.
- **Accelerated Pairings will be used in the first round only
- **ALL matches in each round will be played on the one night (Now known as “SUMMER NIGHT”).
- **When draw is made please contact your opponent ASAP to confirm you can play on the SUMMER NIGHT.
- **If a player cannot play on the SUMMER NIGHT, they must inform their opponent and the competition organiser of this and try and find a suitable alternative date before this deadline night.
- The scoring shall be; Win=3 point: Draw=1 point; Loss=0 points. All games will be sent for normal grading.
- Any player may request a 1 point bye in the first 3 rounds.
- Time-control “One time control of 60 minutes + 30 seconds increments each player. no minimum number of required moves and no quick-Play finish.
- TIE-BREAKS– In the event of a tie for title between players, a 5th round draw will be done between those players
- Players can only win one trophy, and will be awarded the most prestigious title.
- The competition organiser and/or committee may make amendments deemed appropriate to ensure the smooth running of the tournament