Mon 21st June 21
|1||Mooney Graham||gmooney||3||Vs||3||AnitaLove1982||Otero Ana|
|2||Dawson Alastair||Moluag560||3||Vs||3||jeemymc||McCluskey Jim|
|3||Thomas Gordon||TayViewMan||3||Vs||3||robertjackson||Jackson Robert|
|4||Barron-Majerik Jan||JBM80||3||Vs||3||Lyrurus||Harley Trevor|
|5||Vijayakumar Rishi J9||ninjagouniverse||3||Vs||3||MartenKats||Kats Marten|
|6||Waugh Norman||nwaugh||3||Vs||1||chessmad501||Anderson James|
|7||Rowe Andy||itsBobSamson||1||Vs||1||ReturnOfvoldemort||Walton Ed|
|8||Noble Ray||Nobleray||1||Vs||0||Fif7y||Karpach Shaban|
|9||Kanodia. Ramit J13||RKANODIA||0||Vs||0||bigted||Chalmers Martin|
|10||Ramachandran Ananthi||telrams||0||Vs||0||euan_85||Murray Euan|
|11||Banerjee Subhayu||SB25||0||Vs||0||Tiggy11||Carroll Norrie|
|12||McEvoy Gould Kit||Gamophobe||0||Vs||0||ABM80||Barron-Majerik.A J9|
Standings (after 1 round)
|#||NAME||GRADE||Total Points||Rd 1||Rd 2||Rd 3||Rd 4|
|1=||Alastair G Dawson||1800||3||3|
|1=||Ana Belen Seijas Otero||1402||3||3|
|1=||Gordon J Thomas||1312||3||3|
|16=||Kit McEvoy Gould||1000||0||0|
BOB DUNN SUMMER ONLINE TOURNAMENT 2021
BOB DUNN SUMMER CHAMPIONSHIPS 2021
Four round Swiss: 60 minutes + 30 seconds
Well despite the pandemic or maybe because of it, we had a fantastic response to the summer tournament with 26 players taking part in round one. The match night was Mon 10th May, 21, with a few matches played on other nights.
The first round used accelerated pairings as we only have four rounds to get a winner. The rest of the remaining three rounds will be ordinary pairings. Remember it`s 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw. There were no big upsets as everything more or less went to grading form. Ed Walton (1482) got a draw against Ray Noble (1591), but apart from that nothing to talk about.
The second round draw is up on our website and the match night is Monday 21st June 21, 7;30pm on Lichess.org. As we are online and if this date does not suit, players can contact their opponents and rearrange the date and time, as long as it`s played before or by the official match night!
Entries are now being taken for the Bob Dunn Summer tournament 2021. Closing date for entries is Monday 19th April 21. Please checkout the rules tab.
ENTRIES (so far)
Round 1 will use accelerated pairings. After than normal pairing rules apply.
|13||Ana Belen Seijas Otero||1403|
|19||Kit McEvoy Gould||NEW||1000|
Mon 10th May 21 – Round OneRound Dates (Match night!)
- Mon 21st June 21 – Round Two
- Mon 26th July 21 – Round Three
- Mon 23rd Aug 21 – Round Four (last)
Due to the on going COVID-19 virus pandemic, this seasons (2019-20) Bob Dunn Summer competition has been cancelled. Apologies for this and hopefully we will be back to a full calendar for 2020-21.
Entries will open end of March
Mon 10th May 21
# WHITE Res BLACK
1 Chalmers, Martin (1505) bigted 0 - 1 gmooney (1866) Mooney, Graham
2 Karpach, S (1800) Fif7y 0 - 1 Moluag560 (1800) Dawson, Alastair
3 Hackney, Leyton (1597) DanceswiththeDevil 0 - 1 JBM80 (1500) Barron-Majerik, Jan
4 Walton, Ed (1482) ReturnOfvoldemort ½ - ½ Nobleray (1591) Noble, Ray
5 Jackson, Robert (1575) robertjackson 1 - 0 SB25 (1444) Banerjee, Subhayu
6 Anderson, James (1540) chessmad501 ½ - ½ itsBobSamson (1572) Rowe, Andy
7 Murray, Euan (1500) euan_85 0 - 1 ninjagouniverse (1430)e Vijayakumar, Rishi J9
8 Otero Seijas Belen, Ana (1403) AnitaLove1982 1 - 0 Gamophobe (1000)e McEvoy Gould, Kit
9 Carroll, Norrie (917) Tiggy11 0 - 1 jeemymc (1353) McCluskey, Jim
10 Harley, Trevor (1333) Lyrurus 1 - 0 RKANODIA (900) Kanodia, Ramit J13
11 Barron-Majerik, Alexander J9 (221) ABM80 0 - 1 TayViewMan (1312) Thomas, Gordon
12 Kats, Marten (1203) MartenKats 1 - 0 telrams (UG) Ramachandran, Ananthi
13 Alijani, Afshin (UG) DundeeDragon 0 - 1 nwaugh (1161) Waugh, Norman
Mon 26th July 21
on 23rd Aug 21
BOB DUNN SUMMER RULES **New rules
- The round draws will be displayed on the web site ASAP.
- The closing date for entries shall be the IN APRIL. No entries will be taken after the second round draw has been made.
- The Summer will be a 4 round Swiss event using the CHESS SCOTLAND grading based Swiss pairings, or a CS/Committee approved computer-pairing software.
- **Accelerated Pairings will be used in the first round only
- **ALL matches in each round will be played on the one night (Now known as “SUMMER NIGHT”).
- **When draw is made please contact your opponent ASAP to confirm you can play on the SUMMER NIGHT.
- **If a player cannot play on the SUMMER NIGHT, they must inform their opponent and the competition organiser of this and try and find a suitable alternative date before this deadline night.
- The scoring shall be; Win=3 point: Draw=1 point; Loss=0 points. All games will be sent for normal grading.
- Any player may request a 1 point bye in the first 3 rounds.
- Time-control “One time control of 60 minutes + 30 seconds increments each player. no minimum number of required moves and no quick-Play finish.
- TIE-BREAKS– In the event of a tie for title between players, a 5th round draw will be done between those players
- Players can only win one trophy, and will be awarded the most prestigious title.
- The competition organiser and/or committee may make amendments deemed appropriate to ensure the smooth running of the tournament