TAFCA POSSIBLE SCENARIO`s
The TAFCA league division one just got more interesting after Newport Knights A beat Kirkcaldy A last night (Wed 11th Mar)! This was not the result Castlehill C wanted, but to be honest, it changes nothing. Well it does for Newport Knights A as they are now safe from relegation (well done lads!)
This result has pulled Castlehill B and Kirkcaldy A into the mix along with Dundee B and Castlehill C.
Kirkcaldy B are already relegated but could still have a say in who goes down including their top team!
- If Castlehill B beat Kirkcaldy B, Dundee B lose to Castlehill A (½-3½) and Castlehill C lose to Newport A (½-3½), then Castlehill C & Kirkcaldy B are relegated!
- If Castlehill B lose to Kirkcaldy B (1-3), Dundee B draw with Castlehill A and Castlehill C beat Newport Knights A, then again both Kirkcaldy teams are relegated!
- If Castlehill B win, Dundee B lose and Castlehill C draw, then Dundee B join Kirkcaldy B for relegation!
- If Castlehill B lose 4-0 and Castlehill C win and Dundee B draw, then it`s Castlehill B that join Kirkcaldy B in division 2!
- There are more scenario’s than that including if certain teams tie on match points and board points!The first part of the above is tonight (Thurs 12th March) with Castlehill B v Kirkcaldy B!
Its congratulations to Castlehill D for winning the division two championship with one match to spare! But even here there is a few scenario’s on the go regards who will go up with them!
- At present Dundee C are in pole position, but if Perth B win both their remaining matches, they will be runners up and get promoted to division one.
- There of course are some scenario’s involving Castlehill and Dundee teams from both divisions!a) If Castlehill C are relegated then Castlehill D will be in division one while our “C” team will be in division 2!
b) The unthinkable scenario for Dundee Chess Club is their “B” team going down and their “C” team being pipped to the runners up spot in division 2! That would hurt!
Of course maybe I have got it all wrong and none of this can happen!