Entries are now being taken for the Castlehill Club Championship 2020-21. Due to the on going COVID-19 pandemic and government guidelines, this seasons Club Championship will be played online. Please check the rules section for all the latest updates for online chess.
- Time-Control – 60 minutes + 30 seconds increments.
- 5 Round Swiss
- All played on Lichess.org
- 1st round match night: Monday 23rd November 20, 7:30pm
ENTRIES (so far!) – (Closing date for entries is Sun 1st Nov 20)
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT: ROUND ONE: Mon 23rd Nov 20
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT: ROUND TWO: Mon 14th Dec 20
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT: ROUND THREE: Mon 11th Jan 21
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT: ROUND FOUR: Mon 15th Feb 21
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT: ROUND 5: Mon 12th Apr 21
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP RULES **New rules
- The round draws will be displayed on the web site by the first club night following the closing date.
- The closing date for entries shall be the Sun 1st Nov No entries will be taken after the second round draw has been made.
- The Championship will be a 5 round Swiss event using the CHESS SCOTLAND grading based Swiss pairings, or a CS/Committee approved computer-pairing software.
- ALL matches in each round will be played on the one night (Now known as “CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT”).
- When draw is made please contact your opponent ASAP to confirm you can play on the CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT.
- If a player cannot play on the CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT, they must inform their opponent and the competition organiser of this and try and find a suitable alternative date before this deadline night.
- The scoring shall be; Win=1 point: Draw=½ point; Loss=0 points. All games will be sent for “ALLEGRO” grading.
- Any player may request a ½ point bye in the first 4 rounds.
- Time-control “One time control of 60 minutes + 30 seconds increments each player. no minimum number of required moves and no quick-Play finish.
- Any player not having played on or by the dead-line shall be defaulted. If a player then defaults for a second time they shall be withdrawn and a report will be sent to the committee for further action (see General rules 18&19).
- TIE-BREAKS– No tie-breaks in Club Championship.
- Players can only win one trophy, and will be awarded the most prestigious title. (you can not be Club Champion & under 1600 winner, etc)
- The competition organiser and/or committee may make amendments deemed appropriate to ensure the smooth running of the tournament
14.1: All match nights are on a Monday.
14.2: All matches are played online at Lichess.org.
14.3: The player with white is responsible for making the challenge and setting the time controls.
14.4: If a match is started with the wrong time-control and is noticed within 5 moves, or 5 minutes, which ever comes first, the match should be aborted (or agree a draw if not possible to abort) and the match re-started with the right time control. If error not noticed until later, the time-control will stand and the match will continue as normal.
14.5: If the match is started with the wrong colours and is noticed within 5 moves, or 5 minutes, which ever comes first, the match should be aborted (or agree a draw if not possible to abort) and the match re-started with the right colours set. If error not noticed until later, the colours will stand and the match will continue as normal.
14.6: TAKE BACK REQUESTS Take back requests are not allowed in Castlehill internal competitions, even when involving a mistake (mouse slip etc.).
15 ONLINE FAIR PLAY REGULATIONS (Anti-Cheating checking)
15.1: It is illegal to use computer software of any kind, books, or help from another player or source, or indeed any outside help of any kind when playing in a Castlehill Internal competition. Any player deemed to have transgressed will be brought before the committee with the possibility of a ban being imposed.
15.2: Castlehill will be using several methods to make sure we all play in a fair environment.
a) To keep the Integrity of the tournament, we do not allow players to continue to participate in the tournament if their lichess account is flagged as ‘This account violated the Lichess Terms of Service. (Castlehill have no control over lichess)
b) Castlehill will screen all matches played as part of it’s anti-Cheating policy.
c) All games played in Castlehill will also be sent to Chess Scotland for screening through there anti-Cheating software’. It will check if any player receives an exceptionally high ROI reading from Professor Ken Regan’s FIDE Screening Tool.
d) A report to the Scottish Anti-Cheating Committee will be sent if any exceptionally high ROI readings from Professor Ken Regan’s FIDE Screening Tool are identified. They will determine if further action is required.
e) Real names and Lichess handles will be displayed in the entries list and any external software we use.